5043 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: nettune modification in SG cause TOC

Anthony_4
Advisor

nettune modification in SG cause TOC

Hi, experts.
I am using 2 T600 in a cluster. I used nettune to make some modification as follow:
tcp_keepstart: from 7200 to 300
tcp_keepfreq: from 75 to 15
tcp_keepstop: from 600 to 300
But, after I run nettune successfully, the host suddenly rebooted. I check the OLDsyslog, it said "node timeout" and this node cannot join the cluster, SG TOC this node...
I don't think the heartbeat probe relates to these 3 tcp parameter.
any hints?
4 REPLIES 4
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

MC/ServiceGuard does not support the use of the nettune command especially when the cmcld daemons are already running.
If you really want to use the nettune/ndd facility, this MUST be done before the cluster is started.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Anthony_4
Advisor

Thanks Melvyn
but could you pls explain this further?
i.e. if I run nettune before cluster is run, it should be ok?
is the 3 parameter I used ok?
Tony
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

The nettune commandsw are unsupported with MC/ServcieGuard at ANY time.

However, if you do wish to use them then ensure that you have them run BEFORE the rc3.d/cmcluster script is run.

This does not guarantee that you will not have a problem if the node is starting and about to join a running cluster.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

If you have access to the ITRC knowledge database, this issue is discussed in document ID UXSGLVKBAN00000010 - "Why Did MC/ServiceGuard Initiate A TOC (crash)?"

As Melvyn said... definitely don't mess with the tcp timing after the node joins/starts a cluster.

Some customers have reported that using nettune before the cluster starts works.

-sed