Software Solutions
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cloud – is the mist is clearing?

Paul_Toffis ‎06-18-2012 04:03 AM - edited ‎06-26-2015 03:13 PM

These days I rarely go to a customer meeting where Cloud is NOT mentioned.  From speaking with partners and customers alike, finding an area or discrete project to launch (or indeed test) cloud IT is a frequent issue.  Equally, we are all familiar with the challenges and concerns people have over security and control etc.  So being able to define a specific cloud-centric project would surely be a huge step forward?

Let’s breathe a sigh of relief together then as Avnet recently launched their Cloud–in-a-Box for Development and Test.  All puns intended – it literally does what it says on the tin!  It’s a great way for organisations to dip their toes into the cloud, metaphorically speaking of course, as well as reduce the costs and timescales associated with their development and test processes and cycles.  As I mentioned in my previous blog, Cloud is one of the biggest business opportunities in 2012, according to IDC, so developing and testing in the Cloud would be an obvious place to start (though you could perhaps call me biased!).

Implement a private cloud for development and test environment, populate it with cutting-edge test management software, save more than administration costs, support agile methodologies, deliver new capabilities to the business faster and with greater assurance…  Is the mist clearing for cloud?  Why I do believe it is!

About the Author

SylwiaSowa on ‎06-19-2012 01:17 PM

Excellent blog post! Those of you, who are interested in "Cloud in a box" can also read another article by Don Galles

Leave a Comment

We encourage you to share your comments on this post. Comments are moderated and will be reviewed
and posted as promptly as possible during regular business hours

To ensure your comment is published, be sure to follow the Community Guidelines.

Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.
1-3 December 2015
Discover 2015 London
Discover 2015 in London, the ultimate showcase technology event for business and IT professionals to learn, connect, and grow.
Read more
November 2015
Software Online Expert Days
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts.
Read more