Software Solutions
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Most common questions about cloud

SylwiaSowa ‎05-16-2012 04:03 AM - edited ‎06-26-2015 03:35 PM

Are you reading blog posts or just skimming them?

I am wondering if anyone is going to be writing posts at all in 20 years time. I enjoy reading blog articles, but I am now finding myself watching more videos instead. Do people still have time to read long blog posts? Or are we stepping into a new era of videos and tweets, where there is no longer a place for blogs?

Bloggers often tend to waffle when they’re writing a blog post and they very rarely communicate their message across effectively. With a video, it’s easy to get your message across instantaneously through a conversation like message.

Forbes Insight found that 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading a piece of text, if both formats are available on the same web page (Forbes Insight, December 2010). However, 41% of execs still prefer reading and this blog won’t be closed in the nearest future due to lack of page views. We have around 40 000 page views each quarter, and I don’t see a decreasing trend. So there is hope.

I was recently looking at the HP Enterprise Business Channel on Youtube and saw some great videos around cloud that are worth sharing. Grab a coffee and enjoy watching them...

Converged Cloud feat. Christian Verstraete

HP Tech Day Hot Topic review. Converged Cloud, Migration, More

Distributing Applications and Data in a Hybrid Cloud

Open Stack and the benefits of standards in Cloud

Cloud Application Modeling, Portability, Performance

About the Author

Marketing professional with 12 years of experience, specialized in channel marketing and social media

Dennis Kr on ‎05-25-2012 03:52 AM

Blogs are a great way to share your expertise with a broad audience and blog readers have the benefit of being able to communicate directly with the author via the comments function.

While the majority of people prefer watching videos, Blog text is still important, as it helps for making the content more popular and can be used as an executive summary of what is being said in the video. You can scan a blog post at your preferred speed without missing any information, but you usually can't do that with Video: You need to shift your whole attention to watch the whole video to be sure that no info has been missed. Are you listening to music while working? Well, you can listen to podcasts and still continue answering emails for example.

About the videos: If you want to get to know more about Converged Cloud, please feel free to visit the Converged Infrastructure Blog, in English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.

Leave a Comment

We encourage you to share your comments on this post. Comments are moderated and will be reviewed
and posted as promptly as possible during regular business hours

To ensure your comment is published, be sure to follow the Community Guidelines.

Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.
1-3 December 2015
Discover 2015 London
Discover 2015 in London, the ultimate showcase technology event for business and IT professionals to learn, connect, and grow.
Read more
November 2015
Software Online Expert Days
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts.
Read more