4473 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Connecting a windows server 2003 host to hp p2000 storage

sitelogin20
Occasional Contributor

Connecting a windows server 2003 host to hp p2000 storage

Hi

I have a hp p2000 san. and a system with windows server 2003 sp2 with a AJ763B Qlogic HBA.

After phisically installing HBA , connecting HBA to storage using Fiber optic cable and adding host according to HBA WWN in storage console ,I've tried to installing HBA Driver on windows server 2003 sp2 to see a dedicated SAN volume.

At first I have many problems in installing HBA Drivers but after some attempts I do it, but After installing HBA I saw 4 new devices with yello question mark in a device manager with "HP P2000 G3 FC SCSI Enclosure Device" I search manytimes in google to find driver for them but I couldn't find any. Know I can see the SAN volume but I can't use MPIO software to manage multipathing it dosen't matter which command I issue everytime I see "command Failed" result and I think these uninstalled device drivers are guilty.  

Can anybody help me to install these device drivers with a link to download them or with any other course of action?

Thanks in advanced.

1 REPLY 1
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: Connecting a windows server 2003 host to hp p2000 storage

Did you Install the "HP HBA Driver" or Windows or Qlogic...?

Microsoft Windows Server 2003

As I renember the Storage Device descripter .inf came with the HP HBA Driver.

If you have Installed HP Driver reboot and then look here:

"HP StorageWorks MSA System MPIO DSM Installation Guide (590337-005, September 2010)" Page 9

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.