HP P2000G3 Combo Cant use Explicit Mappings after firmware upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Utyug
Established Member

HP P2000G3 Combo Cant use Explicit Mappings after firmware upgrade

Hi!

HP P2000G3 FC/iSCSI DualController SFF

After firmware upgrade from old TS201P007 to merged version TS230P008 (and new TS250P003, TS251R004 and current TS252P001) i can't define the Explicit Mappings. Only Default Mappings.

I select volume, choose Provisioning -> Explicit Mappings... and see only Default Mappings.

In old TS201P007 version i used Explicit Mappings successfully.

I tried to downgrade firmware, but i can't downgrade to merged-befor version: only to TS230P008.

Whats wrong? How define Explicit Mappings now? Maybe it become the lisensed feature now?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Utyug
Established Member
Solution

Re: HP P2000G3 Combo Cant use Explicit Mappings after firmware upgrade

Hi! I have solved this problem. One of HP partners helps me to find the right way (He has reminded me about restrictions described in one of firmware's notes, but it was not my case - my system have only two hosts now and their names are not to long). ...Previously, "many-many time ago" iqn hosts names was changed (maybe to be shortest)... Desision for my case: Disconnect volumes, delete existing volume mappings. Delete wrong hosts (i need restart storage-controllers to do this). Reset iqn hosts names to defaults in iSCSI Initiators, and make new (explicit) volumes mappings. WBR. PS sorry for my poor English :)