5351 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Management Controller hangs

manuelk
Occasional Contributor

Management Controller hangs

Hello,

management controller A in our P2000 G3 seems to hang. I'm able to log in over HTTP, but while loading the interface it says "connection with controller lost". Login over telnet fails with "Error: Unable to sign in. This interface is not enabled for this user." (I'm trying with user "manage" which is enabled).

We had a similar problem a while ago, then I could just log in to controller B over telnet and type "restart mc a" to restart the controller. But this time it hangs after typing "yes" and enter:

# restart mc a
During the restart process you will briefly lose communication with the specifie
d Management Controller(s).
Continue? yes

I'm waiting for over 4 hours now. Event log shows absoluthely nothing.

Does anyone have an idea how I can restart managment controller A?

Thank you! Best regars,

Manuel

2 REPLIES 2
manuelk
Occasional Contributor

After much sweat and desperation, I've managed to reboot the controller. I have "crashed" it by sending many requests over HTTPS until the web interface went offline. Then I could reboot it over telnet from the other controller. Strange...

Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

hi, these have "some" firmware bugs. You could try the latest as a precautionary measure if you're not already there. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=4118559&prodNameId=4209076&swEnvOID=4064&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-ee9a4b0cfa4f4c479c987ea3ba