HPE EVA Storage
1748275 Members
3709 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Command View EVA on multiple servers to manage 1 controller

Houls

Command View EVA on multiple servers to manage 1 controller

We have CV installed on one management station. The problem is if that server goes down we cannot cleanly bring down the SAN.

Is it possible to install CV onto another server connected to the same fabric and use it for redundancy?

Do I need to change masking on LUN 0 or do all FC connected servers have access to it?

Many thanks

Mark
4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: Command View EVA on multiple servers to manage 1 controller

1) If Command View is not working you can power off the EVA from the OCP (display on the controller with cursor keys next to it, or in the EVA4400, it's web-based).

2) Yes, you can install Command View on another server that has access to the EVA. Only one can be managing the EVA in a given moment, the software takes care of that automatically. If you select a EVA that is being managed by another Command View instance, you get a prompt saying so, and asking if you want to take control of that EVA.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

and there is no masking on LUN 0. It is always present, because it is used for in-band management with CV-EVA _and_ SCSI-3 "REPORT LUNS".
Eduardo Crespo
Occasional Contributor

To change the server that holds the CV does not need to modify any data LUN.

If this is not what qstas question please rephrase the question.

I hope you will be useful
Greetings
Houls

I believe the question is phrased fine and an answer was provided by Uwe Zessin but thankyou for your input. Basically I was asking if I need to make the LUN 0 available to the other CV's but Uwe Zessin informed me it already is as it is used for in-band management.

One other quick question with regard the OCP method of shutting down the SAN. My colleague informs me he has had no luck in the past as only half the SAN came down. I noticed in the SSSU scripts to shutdown the SAN is requests 'all peers' which leads me to believe the Master Controller would shutdown the Secondary and all shelves. Is there an equivalent method through OCP? Is there a menu map which I can download to see all OCP commands and tree structure?

Many thanks again. I have appended the script for SAN shutdown we use.

Regards

Mark

echo Shutdown the SAN, Controller

C:\SSSU\SSSU_win_x86.exe "FILE C:\SSSU\shutdown-all.txt"

echo Waiting 30 seconds for SAN to shut down...

select manager localhost USERNAME=######## PASSWORD=##########
select system "PKM-EVA-01"
shutdown "\Hardware\Rack 1\Controller Enclosure 5\Controller A" ALL_PEERS
exit