108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command View Licensing Question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

Command View Licensing Question

I currently have an EVA4400 we bought a little over a year ago. It's currently running CV 8.0 and XCS09001000. I have been told it's best to upgrade to CV 9.1 and the latest XCS. However what I can't find anywhere is if my existing CV 8.0 license will work with CV 9.1.

So is CV 9.1 a free upgrade if you have a CV 8.0 license or do I need to rebuy licenes?

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise).- Hp Forum Moderator

Mike
3 REPLIES 3
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

The licenses you have are valid for Command View 7.x, 8.x and 9.x. You just need to update the firmware on the EVA controllers, the management module and Command View on the management server.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

You just need the software to upgrade...

Command View 9.1 and the Management Module upgrade(s): " https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=CommandViewEVA9.1 "

EVA 4400 Firmware: " https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=T4256-63129 "

My suggestion:

Search the forums a little more about the upgrade, digest all the information you find and then get some assistance to complete it.

There are more things to take into consideration than just the controller firmware and the management software.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

I've been searching the forums a good portion of the morning about EVA upgrades. I found the thread on all the issues people were having having the XCS095xxxx firmware on the EVAs.

I've downloaded the software and going through all the documentation now to make sure I don't need to update any firmware for any of our switches or servers. Luckily for me there are only 2 servers attached to this array so it makes everything simpler.
Mike