5182 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Command View Suite 10.3 on Windows 2012 Server

Flodin
Visitor

Command View Suite 10.3 on Windows 2012 Server

Hi!

We recently started to upgrade our Management Servers to Windows 2012 and after installing HP Command View Suite 10.3 on a Windows 2012 Server the following error is generated every few seconds in the Event Log:

"The application (PostgreSQL 9.0, from vendor PostgreSQL Global Development Group) has the following problem: To function properly, PostgreSQL 9.0 must be reinstalled after you upgrade Windows."

Anyone seen this error before? Any solutions? The applications seems to work as they should.

Thanks,

// Flodin

8 REPLIES 8
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, 

a few hits of this found with google..

http://daminion.net/user-forum/index.php?/topic/1087-finding-and-postgresql-warning-on-fresh-install-100777/

It looks like you need to wait for a new version of Command View to be released with a new version of PostgreSQL.

You could confirm the error by checking which version of is installed in CV.

I'd advise to contact HP support, maybe they have a fix or can forward this information to the CV developers.

Upgrading the postgresql inside Command View sounds complicated and is probably very unsupported :)

Flodin
Visitor

PostgreSQL 9.0.1 is installed with CV.

We have played around on a test machine and tried to update PostgreSQL inside CV but no luck yet. I will check with HP Support and see if they can help/know anything.

Thanks,

// Flodin

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I think postgres is only used by the performance advisor, so you can try to deselect the component while installing.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Flodin
Visitor

@Torsten. wrote:

I think postgres is only used by the performance advisor, so you can try to deselect the component while installing.

Problem is that we use PA so that is (was) not an option.

However we have now solved the problem by installing Postgres 9.0.14 (newer versions did not work) first and then installing CV Suite 10.3.

During the installation of CV there is a question about using a current Postgres database and we just pointed to the Postgres 9.0.14 directory and everything works fine. No more errors in the eventlog. :-)

// Flodin

Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

Your hint pointed me to the correct solution. Thanks for that. I had CV 10.3.1 already running and just downloaded postgresql-9.0.15-1-windows-binaries.zip from EDB website and replaced the whole content of C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\EVAPA\Postgres90 with the one in the archive. No further action was required to resolve the issue. Don't forget to shutdown the EVAPA services (DB and Server) first.

Regards,

Sebastian

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I was not aware of command view 10.3.1 patch so far ... the release note say

When EVAPA is installed on a Windows 2012 server, the following message appears in the Windows application log: The application (PostgreSQL 9.0 from vendor PostgreSQL Global Development Group) has the following problem: To function properly, PostgreSQL 9.0 must be reinstalled after you upgrade Windows.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5167256&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D1%257CswItem%253Dco_127517_1%257CswEnvOID%253D4064%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D4%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Well, waiting for the next patch ... ;-)

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
bernikm
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Any solutions already ? I have also installed EVA CV 10.3 on Windows 2012 R2 and getting the same error.

On 2008 R2 server also with EVA CV 10.3 there were no errors.

The application (PostgreSQL 9.0, from vendor PostgreSQL Global Development Group) has the following problem: To function properly, PostgreSQL 9.0 must be reinstalled after you upgrade Windows.

Regards,

Mike

unidentified
Occasional Collector

Hi! Any updates?

Recently upgraded 2008r2 to 2012r2 and got the same problem