New Discussion

Re: EVA 4400 (AG805C)

SOLVED
Go to solution
spekyteky
Frequent Advisor

EVA 4400 (AG805C)

Hi Folks.........

Looking for some help on testing the above EVA4400 in particular the HSV300 Controllers and software licensing i would need......I have got a few of the HSV-300 controllers that i need to test and i have been trying to setup a rig that i can do this on......so far i have G6 Proliant server........Dual controller enclosure(AG805C) would this be enough or do i need other equipment, i have never worked with the EVA Sytems before, I have also managed to connect into the controller enclosure and can login to both HP P6000 Command view web page and the mgmt mod p6000 storage system and this is where it gets confusing..........I see errors referencing "license" and "uninitialized" but it wont let me Initialize as i do not have enough drives???? also what licenses would i need to purchase to have this all legite??? And do i need another enclosure of sorts with an ARRAY setup???

Any help would be very much appreciated

Brian

4 REPLIES 4
Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

You need a minimum of 8 Drives.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
iamjawad
Advisor

Hello,

When a new array is installed you need to initialize it, Initializing an array makes it ready for use, binds the controllers as an operational pair, and establishes preliminary data structures on the array. Initializing also sets up the first disk group, which is called the default disk group.

When initializing an array, you must:

• Enter a name for the array.

• Enter the number of disks to be included in the default disk group

Once Initialized  

Restarting the HP Command View EVA service

1. Open the Services window on the management server.

2. Right-click the HP Command View EVA service and select Stop.

3. Right-click the HP Command View EVA service again and select Start

• You can ignore the license as that is only for replication.

You can write back for further assistance,  

Regards,

Jawad Ahmed 

spekyteky
Frequent Advisor

Thank you.....much appreciated  i purchased 10 drives and all seems to be good still  not sure of what license though but as i have downloaded demo version that comes with a temporary license which i will update asap...thanks again for your information.....

Regards

Brian

spekyteky
Frequent Advisor

much appreciated Jawad.............got it up and running

Thank You

Brian