HPE EVA Storage
1754278 Members
2639 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA4100 and c3000 Blade Server Connection Problem

Ed Pine

EVA4100 and c3000 Blade Server Connection Problem

I have an EVA4100 Starter Kit SANS that is currently connected to two servers via Emulex PCI-X adapters. I have just installed a new c3000 Blade server with a BL680 blade (with a Emulex adapter in mezzanine slot) and a Brocade 4GB switch. I can't seem to get the Brocade switch to communicate with the existing fiber switch managing my EVA4100. All I get is a single blinking Green light and a solid amber light. Can anyone point me to some documentation that will assist me in configuring the Brocade so my BL680 can access my EVA4100?
4 REPLIES 4
Alexis Novik
Frequent Advisor

Re: EVA4100 and c3000 Blade Server Connection Problem

Check your zoning configuration on existing switch. Then add new WWNs to your zone config.

Alexis Novik
Frequent Advisor

Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

If your external SAN switch for your EVA4100 is also a Brocade, it may be lacking the full fabric license or your embedded c-class Brocade switch may be lacking the full fabric license. Log into your external switch and see if it doesn't mention it needing a license. You need full fabric licenses (they can be added) to support ISL (Inter Switch Links).
Mom 6
Digex
Regular Advisor

I don't think you need full fabric license for blades. Those do not count as switch ports but just fiber ports. We have a c7000 and we connected 8 ports to our brocade with no issues. We only needed full fabric license when we wanted to merge our switches with another switch to extend the fabric count.