4687 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA4100 levelingprogress stuck

cam9269
Regular Advisor

EVA4100 levelingprogress stuck

Hi guys,

Need info regarding this issue we're facing. We have an EVA4100 with 4 x enclosures using FATA and FC disks (1TB, 300GB), we recently replace 1 x 300GB on a DG. When replaced we the messages "Continue with no changes" and "Start deletion process" when the DG was accessed. We chose "Continue with no changes" hoping that we can remove the failed Vdisk after verifying the extent of the problem. But, in turns out the Vdisk is complaining about a HW problem on the DG where we replaced the disk with.

When we checked the DG using SSSU, we got this info:

levelingprogress .....................: 70
levelingstate ........................: inactive

Which to me is inconsistent. And now we are stuck because we can either delete the failed Vdisk and the DG is still leveling.

Any way we can get through this? it's be like this for almost 2 days now
6 REPLIES 6
NSharon
Frequent Advisor

Re: EVA4100 levelingprogress stuck

Hi there,
Could you please send in the logs?
The Controller events and Configuration Output?
Also, are there VDISKs with a VRAID 0 configured

Command View 9.x
Server Options >>Capture System Info >>Controller event + Controller Configuration Dump >> Capture selected info.
I work for HP.

If you find my Post Useful please click on the thumbs up!
cam9269
Regular Advisor

Hello, thanks for replying.

This failed Vdisk is in VRAID0. It's currently being used as a backup device.

I have an SSSU o/p which I am attaching here. Hope this is good enough data

Thanks!
NSharon
Frequent Advisor

Appears there is a VDISK PSRN04 - Nearline witjh redundancy = vraid0, a "operationalstate = failed" You may want to delete the VIDK with no redundancy levelling should presume.
I work for HP.

cam9269
Regular Advisor

Hello,

Yes, that's what we were trying to do... But when we click on the failed Vdisk, it gives a message saying that there's a problem with the DG it's using. The usual options to delete and un-present the vdisk isn't available. What we are now going to try is use the "Start delete..." option and see if that settles everything.

If that still fails, is it OK to delete the failed Vdisk using SSSU?
NSharon
Frequent Advisor

Yes, "start deletion process" would delete the VDisk
I work for HP.

renegade7
Advisor

hy, i have same problem when i clic start delection progress the level is always 0%. if i want delete totally the my fata group composed with 9 fata disk. how to??

for me don't care remove only vdisk created on fata group, because i want delete fata group and recreate the vdisk.

in this array i have this problem i can't ungoup the disk and then i can't remove the disk group. how to forced this??

thanks for all