1748216 Members
3358 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA5000

ISES_1
Occasional Contributor

EVA5000

Can someone point me in the direction to get HP's statement on uptime rating nines (9999 or 99999 ?)?
Is there a stated MTBF (Mean Time before Failure)?
Also if there is this info on the HP XP Hitachi product?
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA5000

Pretty sure the EVA is rated at 5 9's. Can't point you to a doc at the moment, but am pretty sure there is one.

Not sure about MTBU/MTBF (Mean Time to Belly Up?)

And I know very little about the XP.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Hi,

MTBF : Mean Time BETWEEN Failure
Mike Reznak
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

XP is also part of 99,999

http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/products/disk_arrays/highend/xpoperatingsystem/
Note is in UNIX column.

Mike
...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world ;o)
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

HP does not publish availability figures for the EVA. This because the EVA is a modular array and the effective availability very much depends on the configuration.
Example:
- an EVA with 8 enclosuers in RAID1 can sustain the loss of a complete disk enclosure, controller etc. > high availability
- EVA with just 1 enclosures cannot sustain an enclosure failuer > lower availability

If you talk to EVA customers you will find that if the product is configured for high availability it will deliver it!

Cheers
Peter
I love storage
Bill Mace_1
Occasional Advisor

The EVA is not rated as a 99999 solution. As was stated before the configuration determines the level of availability. Vraid1 is the most available, Vraid0 is no pertection. The EVA can be combined with Host based mirroring, BC (business copy) or CA (continous access) to create a 99999 solution. A NSPOF configuration consists of mu.ltiple hosts, hba's and switches. Everything dual path. The same you would see in a 99999 solution from any vendor.