HPE EVA Storage
1752796 Members
5817 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Error installing Recovery Manager for VMWare ("hpcertificatehelper.selfcert.create()")

nicco79

Error installing Recovery Manager for VMWare ("hpcertificatehelper.selfcert.create()")

I'm attempting to install the Recovery Manager for VMWare (2.4) and I generate an unhandled exception in the installer:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80090020): An internal error occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090020)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at HPCertificateHelper.selfCert.create()
   at RMVMInstallCustomAction.ConfigRegiForm.InstallOurCertificate(String subSystem)
   at RMVMInstallCustomAction.ConfigRegiForm.GetOurCertificate(String subSystem, X509Certificate2& cert)
   at RMVMInstallCustomAction.ConfigRegiForm.BindPortWithSSLCertificate_W2008(UInt16 port, Boolean reqClientNegotiation)
   at RMVMInstallCustomAction.ConfigRegiForm.Next_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.PerformClick()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)

I've followed the instructions concerning setting the permissions on the <System Drive:>\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys folder.

This is going onto a Server 2008R2 SP1 box that also hosts vCenter.

4 REPLIES 4
srinip
Occasional Advisor

Re: Error installing Recovery Manager for VMWare ("hpcertificatehelper.selfcert.create()")

Hello Nicco,

Please run the setup with Run as Administrator & disable the UAC.

Windows Application / System event logs will give more detailed reason on failure. Please review / share the relevent events so that i can assist you further.

I WORK FOR HP
Siva_HP
Advisor

Re: Error installing Recovery Manager for VMWare ("hpcertificatehelper.selfcert.create()")

We should not install RMV on VCenter server. It should be seperate Machine. However the error not related to this.

We had some issues when installing this on system which is joined to Domain as well.

I work for HP
KevinM

Seeing the exact same error message at a customer site horrible software package!

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Turn off UAC.
Set the security as described in the user guide.
Install using local Administrator account.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo