1748275 Members
3928 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Free Capacity on a Disk Group

Abdul Rashid
Frequent Advisor

Free Capacity on a Disk Group

I have a total of 25697.04GB on a Disk Group out of which 15216.89 has been used. From my calculations I should have 10480.15 GB free. But when I try to create a LUN it tells me I have 1680.32 GB For Vraid0, 840.42 GB for Vraid1 and 1344.42 GB. This has happened after I cloned a few LUNs from another Disk Group to this one and all the leveling has is complete and the Transition state in Inactive.

Any idea where why I am getting this inacurate figures.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Oscar_Maim├│
Regular Advisor

Re: Free Capacity on a Disk Group

Try to restart CV service, if is does not work restart master controllers
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

one of the way to calculate the "appoximate" size is as below.Check whether these are matching with the figure showing in CVEVA

Total DG capacity for user = Occupancy + Available space for Vraid0

Total EVA capacity = Total DG capacity + capacity used for protection level (double of largest disk for single & 4*largest disk size for double)

Hope this helps
gabbar
Trusted Contributor

is this EVA part of CA setup? if yes then some space might be taken away by DR logs.. but still you should have more space on it.. whats the CV EVA version???
Abdul Rashid
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for all your replies. We have a EVA8100 running XCS 6200 and its not in a CA configuration. I have restarted my CV server and that has not fixed the issue, but not able to restart the primary controller as its a live 24X7 EVA and cannot afford to disrupt the services.In terms of DG capacity, we have a total of 25697 GB not counting the space reserved for double sparing and we have used 15216 GB. But when I try create a LUN I get the figures as I have mentioned in my earlier post.

So not sure where the rest of the space is consumed.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

The EVA has two controllers. If you have that correctly cabled and each server has paths to both controllers, you can restart a controller without disrupting host access.

The problems with Command View showing absurd numbers on the capacity and free space are usually solved rebooting the master controller or perfoming a controller resync.