New Discussion юеВ

Re: HSG80 ERROR PLEASE HELP.

SOLVED
Go to solution
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

also what does 'show fail' say on the hsg80 ?

just thinking of spareset smaller than failed drive on array ?

good luck

krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

Name Storageset Uses Used by
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAILEDSET failedset
Switches:
NOAUTOSPARE
krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

On HSG80 I dont see any failures, and more in controller host ports two is offline. I hav e5 more HSG with this kind, I dont get any alerts for this, and I beleive one host is enough, as second host port is kept for reduncy.
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

HI,

if you have no errors in fmu and no fault lights on the drive, unless you want to run dilx against the unit which would impact performance on the hsg80 or initialize it and create a lun then present it to the host,write to it etc then delete it and test it that way - the issue would seem to be with the swcc implementation on the host , maybe reinstall or upgrade the version.

fwiw

krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

I did not run the FMU command, I tried with that command it gives me a warning, I have attached the snapshot, please tell me 100% sure if I run the command will it create any problem in HSG80.
krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

One more thing in thie HSG I dont create any Luns,I am Just montiering for hardware failures, so i will not able to create any luns in this.
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

FMU is the fault management utility , i normally run it from the cli on the hsg80, it won't do any harm to your hsg80.
it's one of a number of utilities available on the hs/z series controllers such as frutil, vtdpy and hsutil for performance monitoring, replacement batteries , upgrading firmware etc.
i take it you are doing this through swcc ?

hope this helps

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> ScsiExecCli

This looks like a communications error between the SWCC agent and the HSG80 controller.

I suggest to check the Windows event log and the server's switch port counters for errors.
krsukuma
Frequent Advisor

Hi mark hunt,

I run the FMU commands, SHOW LAST ALL,SHOW LAST MOST and SHOW MEM ALL,
I have attached the doc, can you please help whether the HSG is reporting any logs on this.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Can you supply the same FMU logs, and "show this" for the other controller....

Cheers,
Rob