HPE EVA Storage
1752590 Members
4001 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MS2012FC Installation with Multiple Path to dual DL380G5 problem?

GrandSlam
Occasional Advisor

MS2012FC Installation with Multiple Path to dual DL380G5 problem?

I have installed 1 x MSA 2012FC storage with 12 x 300GB HDD, the MSA has dual controller (IP = 10.0.0.2 ad 10.0.0.3). With is connected to 2 x DL380G5 servers, each installed with 1 x dual-port Q-logic card. Totally 4 host fibre ports (WWN) exists in the system.

The syystem is used for MSCS.

Now I change the Q-logic config. as loop connection and BIOS enable. The fibre connection is direct connection without SAN switch.

In the SMH, I config. 3 x logical drives, each consists of 4 x 300GB HDD as RAID 1+0, so totally 3 logical drives.

I know I need to map these 3 vdisks to those 4 WWN. I map all 3 logical drives full access to all 4 WWN. But for each item from logical disk to WWN, it shows the LUN option for me to fill. Should I assign the same LUN for all WWN to 1 logical drives (3 Luns) or assign individual LUN for each WWN to each logical drives (12LUNs)?
1 REPLY 1
RM782
Trusted Contributor

Re: MS2012FC Installation with Multiple Path to dual DL380G5 problem?

Microsoft Cluster server?

If so first I would install mpio on both servers present the luns to just one servers wwns. Format the drives assigning drive letters and labels. then shutdown that server. present luns to second servers wwns, scan for the disks and assign the same drive letters to the luns, no need to reformat. once done shutdown your second server. power on the first server and install cluster services, once completed power on second server and add to the cluster.