1748204 Members
4372 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 1500 MSA 1000 replication

Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

MSA 1500 MSA 1000 replication

I have a MSA 1500 in my production site. I have MSA 1000 in my DR site. I want to replicate the data from my Production Site MSA 1500 to DR Site MSA 1000. How to replicate the data?? is there any free software available ??
5 REPLIES 5
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

if you are talking about block-level array to array replication then these two don't support that. you would have to move up to the eva arrays to find support for that.
there are plenty of host based storage mirroring solutions depending on the os involved.

HTH

Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

i have virtual machines in msa 1500 and i want this virtual machines to get replicate to my dr site msa 1000 storage. is it possible in msa ???
Simon Setina
Advisor

Hi,

It is not possible with MSA. You can use virtualization appliance from FalconStor IPstor, IBM VCS...

But this is not free or cheap.

If your clients are Windows or Linux systems, you can use FalconStor DiskSafe.
mike lewis_5

We have a similiar setup, however, we have a single ESX host at the remote site and use Vizioncore's vreplicator. This is not a block level replication but replicates the VM's to the remote site. So you would need another ESX host/license and then create a datastore and replicate to that. Fairly inexpensive outside the ESX license/hardware.

Mike
Richard Tengdin
Trusted Contributor

If you are going from Windows host to Windows host or ESX to ESX you can use HP Storage Mirror. Check the quickspecs at http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12625_div/12625_div.html

Free software is worth what you pay for it. It will be missing features and support, at the very least.