1752580 Members
3622 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Replace EVA4400 Power Supply

RHSysAdmin
Occasional Visitor

Ditto: Same issue here. Anyone found a fix yet? Our old PS died (amber light). We replaced it with a new one and the hardware itself now appears clear. All lights on the unit itself are green. But the CV Web UI still shows the PS as not installed.

We have refreshed and even restarted the management module with no luck.

Checked the power supply itself and all looks good.

Jianmin Tan_1
Advisor

Hi CLehm,

At first,you should try to restart the service of command view eva.

Secondary,copy all log files to other place then install the latest CV EVA software.

Please restart the controller only If those method can't resolve the problem.

---------------------------------

Thanks & Best Regards
JM
John Stevens_9
Occasional Collector

Just a offhand question, but what version of CV are you running on the SBM / ABM?  What version of XCS? We have 4 EVA4400's in the field and until we upgraded them to at least XCS09534000 / CV 9.2, we used to get all kinds of "false positives" for hardware failures.

I once had a 4400 with both cache batteries "failed" yet the array was operating normally.  It was running XCS9522000 at the time.  We've also had IO controllers "disappear" on the IOB channels on disk shelves (i.e. CV reporting that they didn't exist yet the loops were up and all the lights were green).

John

Ruben Renders
Frequent Advisor

Have you examined the controller event log? Are there any notifications about the new power supply?

What is the physical state of the leds on the power supply (orange, green, none)?

I suggest you try to restart the command view EVA services. If there is no change, i think it's best you open a hardware case at HP support to clarify the issue.

amirsem

We are experiencing the same exact issue. The power supply is showing as "Not Installed" in Command View although the PS itself is at normal state.

Any solutions yet?

sbalmer

I have the same issue, green led on the power supply 2 and not installed display in the web monitor, i have restarted the services, removed the cache and i keep the not installed display.

Any idea, except restart the EVA... 

Thanks

TFerg
Occasional Visitor

First thing to try is to restart the master controller in the EVA.  As you are only restarting a single controller all LUNs should failover to the other controller and your hosts shouldn't see an interruption of IO, barring any special circumstances of course.  After the restart of the controller the issue should disappear.  Should the issue remain it may be necessary to restart the HP Command View EVA services running on the Command View server or to restart the management module in the EVA should you be using Array Based Management (ABM) to manage the EVA4400.

liy90424

Same issue! dose anyone have good idea to fix this problem?

I found ps2 was dead,and there was a alarm light on the face board.Then i pulled it out to cheak the PN number.After that I insested it back , few secend later ,light went green.and the all alarm light was missing.I found the cveva still shows ps2 is NOT INSTALLED.So I swich the ps2 ,but it still says not installed.I aready refresh the cveva,and restart the cveva server , and I found the log only shows the events  when i pulled outand insert  the ps first time,after that there are only a  few new events, all of them are not related to the ps issue. Is any suggest.

Thank you all any way.If there`s any kind grammer faults i apology it.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I remember a power supply related issue with older firmware. What firmware is running? Current is XCS 11200000.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!