4702 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SAN Array not accessible

Mahmood Khatri_1
Occasional Contributor

SAN Array not accessible

Hello All

At My Customers site, I have MSA1000 SAN connected to 5 servers running Windows 2000 OS. I had configured SSP and assigned 5 logical drives to the respective servers. Everything was working fine.
The Customer had some other technical team who connected one more server ( which had fiber HBA already) and then messed up with the SAN Configuration. What I gathered from the customer is that, under ACU they assigned one of the logical drives to two servers including the new one, and then after finding it does not work, they disabled SPP!!!
I was called today to rescue the situation as now the SAN is not completely accessible. I went to ACU - re enabled SSP - and re assigned the logical drives as they were originally configured. Once that was done, I checked on one of the servers disk management, it shows the disk as foreign disk and when I select to import foreign disk gives me error " Internal Error: Disk Group has no valid configuration copies" ..I have failed to continue, is there any way to recover ? Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: SAN Array not accessible

There have been other threads recently with problems about Windows dynamic disks on a SAN array after being disconnected and connected again. You should move the question to Microsoft forum, since it is a software problem.
Mahmood Khatri_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: SAN Array not accessible

Thank You for your reply. I will move it to windows Forum