HPE EVA Storage
1748017 Members
3566 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SecurePath Version 4.0C

Natasha_5

SecurePath Version 4.0C

Securepath clients are unable to communicate with SecurePath Manager as the passwords are not in sync even though no password have been set - Is there anyway round this apart from installing SecurePath again and not keeping the current config??? Many thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Re: SecurePath Version 4.0C

Hi Natasha,

you say you have not set a password. Is that on the Client side? Can you run SecurePathCfg on the client and set/change the password there, and then enter the same password for the profile in SecurePath Manager?

Regards,

Stephen
Natasha_5

Hi Stephen,

Yes this is on the client side and I have run SecurePathCfg but if I try and amend the password it is asking me you enter the old password!! Many thanks
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Natasha,
there is a line-mode program you can use:

C:\Program Files\Compaq\SecurePath\SPMgr>spmgr passwd

Usage: spmgr passwd

C:\Program Files\Compaq\SecurePath\SPMgr>spmgr passwd yyy

C:\Program Files\Compaq\SecurePath\SPMgr>
Natasha_5

Hi Uwe,

Many thanks for your reply - I have tried this on the Client and it is still prompting me to enter the Old Password or it cannot confirm the password!!! Please can you let me know if there is anything else that I can try.
Markus_10
Valued Contributor

We had the same problem. Try This:

Install Secure Path 4.0b or earlier on another client and copy the password configuration tool to the 4.0c client.

In my opinion this is a bug in 4.0c, after changing the password configuration tool everything works fine and the client could communicate with the manager.