HPE EVA Storage
1748244 Members
3783 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: What's the cmd in Cisco FCIP router used to test the remote FCIP router? Like portcmd in Brocade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jack007
Frequent Advisor

What's the cmd in Cisco FCIP router used to test the remote FCIP router? Like portcmd in Brocade

I know the command in Brocade OS is: portcmd ( we can use this command to test the connection between to FCIP routers connected by Internet)

What's the corresponding command in Cisco FCIP OS ? 

4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: What's the cmd in Cisco FCIP router used to test the remote FCIP router? Like portcmd in Brocade

Hey, what do you want to do? Ping? Traceroute? Or is it the --tperf / --ipperf stuff in portcmd that you want to use?

Check out this .pdf it's about a "SAN Extension Tuner"

"The SAN extension tuner assists with tuning by generating varying SCSI traffic workloads. It also 

measures throughput and response time per I/ O over an FCIP link."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/storage/san_switches/mds9000/sw/rel_2_x/fm/configuration/guide/tune.pdf

Maybe that's what you're looking for?

Jack007
Frequent Advisor

Johan, 

thanks for your answer.

It seems the SET feature is not free, we need a license on both the local and the remote switches.

So is there any free command  can be used to test the performance of the channel?

And could you please share me the most popular command of SET ?

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

I can't, maybe somebody else?

Maybe there are free software that you can install on two machines on both ends to run test?
Jack007
Frequent Advisor

OK,

Thanks all the same.