6604 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: "evaperf as" always returning 0

Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

"evaperf as" always returning 0

Hi all,

On one of our EVA 8100 arrays "evaperf as" always returns 0. "evaperf cs" returns the controller status just fine and the array is functioning correctly (i.e. it's not down).

Can anyone suggest why this might be? All our other arrays return the proper values for "evaperf as", as do all my other arrays on other customer sites.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

The bottom row in the "evaperf as" part is what is returned by the EVA in question.

Here's a screenshot. In the "evaperf cs" part the bottom 2 rows are the controllers in the EVA that won't return anything from "evaperf as". As you can see, that part is working properly.
susanta_dutta
Trusted Contributor

Hello Chris,

I have few questions:

1. Is there any Server doing I/O operations on to this Array, for which you are getting zero values
2. What is EVA Firmware and Command View Version you are running
3. Can you please attach output of this below command:
>evaperf all -sz -csv -cont 2 -dur 20 -fo data.csv

Regards
Susanta
Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

Hi Susanta,

1. Yes, there are hosts attached that are doing I/O operations on this array.
2. Command View 9.2, XCS 6.11 (yes I know it's old but there are reasons it hasn't been upgraded, yet).
3. Sorry no, I can't attach evaperf output to this message. :(

I did run the evaperf command you suggested though and there are whole bunch of zero values in there next to each controller ...
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

Hi vcespon,

Yeah I found that article too - I'm running CV EVA 9.1 though (even though I said 9.2 in a previous post - sorry susanta).

For that reason I ignored the advisory as it didn't match this particular configuration.

I know that this version of XCS has a number of bugs though and that we should upgrade ASAP (it's scheduled for approximately 2 weeks away).

Hopefully that fixes it ...