1752328 Members
5660 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP2650

grantyboy

HP2650

Hi everyone,

Its probably a really stupid question but perhaps someone can help me.

We have 4 HP2650 procurve switches in use on our network. They dont report any problems at all but if you ping them, they show very slow/dropped packets every 20 ping responses.
I have tried turning LACP on and off but still same problem and have tried different cables, laptops, power just to confirm no outside influences.
I have even taken the switch off the network and have a laptop plugged directly into the switch and it still does the same thing.

Does anyone have any ideas? I would be most grateful for any suggestions or solutions.
2 REPLIES 2
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: HP2650

Pinging the switches is never that reliable as it's treated as a low priority task by the switch. You may be able to improve the ping response by setting the 'management-vlan' option (puts it into a higher priority).

Having said that though, I'm pinging my 2626 running H.10.29 and from XP everything is <1ms, but the occasional =1ms. No dropped packets though.
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Re: HP2650

Hi

If you have any other Active Device (like a router) between the PC you use for Ping, and these switches, then you should start blaming that device first.

Other than that, show CPU, and any traffic monitoring tool could help you to investigate and know better about what keeps your Switches busy.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone