108806 Solutions
New Discussion

ProCurve 2824 and QoS for VoIP

SOLVED
Go to solution
mbonanno090
Occasional Collector

ProCurve 2824 and QoS for VoIP

Are the firmware versions for the above switch cumulative?  I want to install QoS on my switch for VoIP, and we are on the following:

Product: HP J4903A ProCurve Switch 2824 Version: I.07.31, ROM I.07.01

I know that the switch is living in the past in regards to Firmware version so I just wanted to know if I could install the newest version and get away with that or do I need to install other version before moving to the newest. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided!

MB

3 REPLIES 3
Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ProCurve 2824 and QoS for VoIP

In general the updates are cumulative but read the release notes first. If there isn't a big warning on the first page you're OK. In this case there is, so you're not.

Boot ROM Update Required!
A successful update to switch software I.10.xx or newer requires updating the 2800 with the current Boot ROM
version, I.08.07. If your current switch software version is: I.07.31 through I.07.66, then update and reload into
software version I.07.68. If your current version is: I.07.68 or newer, then update directly to software version
I.10.xx. NOTE: The I.10.67 download file includes the I.07.68 software.

mbonanno090
Occasional Collector

THank you for the advice!!!  I appreciate the quick response.  SO this version will give me the ability to utilize QoS?

Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

The basic support for QoS is in the hardware but there are probably some enhancements/fixes in later releases. It's probably a good idea to get up to date, if you are going to start using features that you haven't used before.