1752775 Members
6145 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: e1express error on NC112i

Durham
Occasional Visitor

e1express error on NC112i

I have done a lot of research into this problem and have not come across anything conclusive. There seems to be quite a mix up of drivers available which is quite confusing; I have experienced this error on two different drivers that are supposed to be for this NIC.

Every 3 or 4 weeks the NIC will do this for hours on end never establishing a stable connection:

Log Name: System

Source: e1qexpress

Date: 22/10/2013 8:12:58 AM Event ID: 33

Task Category:

None Level:

Information Keywords:

Classic User: N/A

Computer: SERVER.domain.local

Description: HP NC112i 1-port Ethernet Server Adapter #2 Network link has been established at 100Mbps full duplex.

Log Name: System Source: e1qexpress Date: 22/10/2013 8:12:56 AM

Event ID: 27

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: SERVER.domain.local Description: HP NC112i 1-port Ethernet Server Adapter #2 Network link is disconnected.

The current driver for the NIC that I have installed which I think is the latest is: An Intel driver 'e1q62x64', version: 12.7.27.0.Server software is Windows SBS 2011 Standard on a Proliant ML110 G7.

We have not always had this problem, but it has been going on for the last 6 months at least with the most recent incident happening this morning. Thankfully this time a restart fixed the problem for now, sometimes it takes quite some fiddling around to try and get the link to come up and stablise (Not actually a proper fix solving the issue).

The switch it is connecting to is a TP-Link TL-SF1048 v4.

Some extra errors they may be related but I am not sure:

Source: NIC

Agents Date: 22/10/2013 8:02:35 AM

Event ID: 1290

Task Category: Service

Level: Information Keywords: Classic

User: N/A Computer: SERVER.domain.local

Description: NIC

Agent: Connectivity has been restored for the NIC in slot 0, port 2. [SNMP TRAP: 18011 in CPQNIC.MIB] Log Name: System

Source: NIC Agents Date: 22/10/2013 7:54:35 AM

Event ID: 1291

Task Category: Service

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic User: N/A

Computer: SERVER.domain.local Description: NIC

Agent: Connectivity has been lost for the NIC in slot 0, port 2. [SNMP TRAP: 18012 in CPQNIC.MIB]

^^^These NIC Agent events I don't understand, they happen periodically through out the flapping of the NIC port.

Source: NETLOGON

Date: 22/10/2013 4:24:12 AM

Event ID: 5782

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A Computer: SERVER.domain.local

Description: Dynamic registration or deregistration of one or more DNS records failed with the following error: No DNS servers configured for local system.

^^^This was logged a second after the first event 27 was logged this morning, not sure if it is related

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

(This is hard to read and it would help if you formatted it better.

Insert blank lines and split lines so they look like the original output.

You can edit your post with Post Options > Edit Reply.)

>Reformatted it now,

Much easier to read.

Durham
Occasional Visitor

Reformatted it now, thanks for letting me know!