Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1748204 Members
4285 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Internet Issues with Qwest Q1000 Modem with HP Pavilion 15-e016nr Windows 8 Czech Settings

Asfenster
Occasional Visitor

Internet Issues with Qwest Q1000 Modem with HP Pavilion 15-e016nr Windows 8 Czech Settings

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with a brand new HP Pavilion 15-e016nr laptop running Windows 8.  Using a Qwest 1000 modem plugged into the ethernet cable directly to the modem or using the wifi.  The network has been configured as a home network with WPA2 security, attempted using just WPA security but encountered the same issue.  Internet Explorer 10, all Windows Updates, all current HP drivers, using Windows Defender no additional antivirus software installed currently.   

When attempting to access any website ie: www.google.com the internet is redirected to www.google.cs-cz the Czech google webite.  This also occurs for any other website such as www.msn.com or www.microsoft.com all websites are redirected to .cs-cz website.

I cannot locate the setting which is directing the internet to hit Czech websites.  I have confirmed all regional language settings & internet settings are English and Czech is not reference anywhere.   I have verified Bios settings.  I have re-installed the network adpater & wifi Realtek drivers.  I have reset all IE settings.  I have reset the modem multiple times.

I am able to successfully connect the HP 15-e016nr to a Verizon Wireless Hot Spot without the issue and the internet browses as expected.   I can use other wireless connections on this laptop without the issue.  I am able to use the Qwest 1000 modem for all other Dell Laptops Windows 7 and Windows 8 and multiple Apple devices without the issue occuring.   It seems to be specific to the HP laptop model running Windows 8 and the Qwest 1000 modem. 

I have contact the ISP and have been referred to HP for a resolution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Asfenster

2 REPLIES 2
Vince_Whirlwind
Trusted Contributor

Re: Internet Issues with Qwest Q1000 Modem with HP Pavilion 15-e016nr Windows 8 Czech Settings

Install Wireshark on the laptop and take a traffic capture of your connection attempts to see what is going on.

Asfenster
Occasional Visitor

Re: Internet Issues with Qwest Q1000 Modem with HP Pavilion 15-e016nr Windows 8 Czech Settings

Thanks for the suggestion Vince.  I will try it this evening.