Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1751867 Members
5311 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProCurve stacking problem

Osmo Walliander

ProCurve stacking problem

I have a problem with ProCurve stacking. I have a 4000M as the stack command and two 2524's and one 2512 as members. The member's connections to the commander are ok and I can access them through telneting to the commander. My problem is that using the web interface I can connect to the commander but if I try to connect to one of the members I get an error '500 cannot connect to the member' and as a result the 4000M's web interface gets stuck. I mean the HTTP-service on the switch freezes so that I can't access it unless I reboot the switch.

What could cause this?

The firmware on the 4000M is C.09.16/ROM C.06.01, on the 2524's firmware is F.05.09/ROM F.02.01 and on the 2512 firware is F.05.09/ROM F.01.01.

2 REPLIES 2
Arimo Laine_2
Valued Contributor

Hi.

Start by updating firmwares on all devices. 4000M runs currently C.09.19, 25xx on F.05.17.

Download address is http://www.hp.com/rnd/software/switches.htm

HTH,
Arimo
Osmo Walliander

I updated the software on all the switches to the latest versions. Now the web interface tells me on all the member switches that the request I sent could not be understood. The same error occures on the first connect to all the members. All following connections requests to the members results in the web interface locking up ie. to browser tries to connect to the member without making a connection.

What can I try next?