108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Auto login

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael_318
Occasional Advisor

Auto login

I'm using version 10 something of HP-UX and I was wondering if there is any way to set it to automatically log on users that are on X-Terminals. The X-Terms are made by NCD (NC900 model) and when you select a workstation to log on to, a HP CDE login screen pops up first asking for Username then Password. I would like to force it to automatically log on as a specific user (ex: operator). I am not a Unix expert by any means, but I have been trying to get this to work for about 3 days now with no luck. If someone knows if this is not possible, please inform me before I try any more. If it is possible, could you point me in the right direction.

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Elena Leontieva
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Michael,

You may want to take a look at
http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000064900479

I am not sure if this is waht you are looking for though...

Elena.
Manuel Plaza
Regular Advisor

Hi Michael,

I had this situation some years ago, and it is possible, but I don't remember exactly how it is. I think that it is in a configuration file in /etc/dt. I will try to find how I had correctly configured.
Regards,
Manuel
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

You can contact NCD and ask them:

http://www.ncd.com/contact/

However, this is a horrible security risk. Depending on what industry you work in, your employer may have regulatory or contractual requirements that prohibit this type of setup.

HTH
mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later
Manuel Plaza
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I have found the information, you must copy file:
/usr/dt/config/Xaccess
to:
/etc/dt/config/Xaccess
and put in this file:
BYPASS_LOGIN
where is the name of X-Terminal and the username that you want to start session. A line per X-Terminal and user.

I had this configuration and it was OK.

Regards,

Manuel
Michael_318
Occasional Advisor

I got it working now, thank you for all of your assistance