5403 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Boot problem

venkat_7
Frequent Advisor

HI,

I've disconnected external drive..still is not booting properly..still it says FLT MESSAGE..

regards
venkat
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Hi Venkat:

Is it a single disk ? which model ? Did you terminate the SCSI bus after removing the disk ? Did you check the PIM information ?

HTH,
Shiju
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
venkat_7
Frequent Advisor

it is not a single disk..it's multi pack array..i did disconnect diskarray..still is not coming up..still it shows FLT message

Regards
venkat
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Hi Venkat:

You need to contact the hardware support. They will have better tools to analyze the cause of the problem. You can check the PIM information in the mean time.

HTH,
Shiju
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

Access your HPMC data and post them here, though I doubt anyone will be able to de-cypher it, you best bet is call HP response center. Ok to access the HPMC data ..

1) Interrupt the bootup to get to Service Menu.
2) At main menu prompt enter "service"
3) In the Service Menu enter "pim 0" for processor 1 or "pim 1" for processor 1, this gives you the data you need to troubleshoot.

venkat_7
Frequent Advisor

Hi still is not coming up..NOW it shows FLT 12BF message..i can't enter in to single user mode..when i switch ON the system after couple of mins it shows FLT message..

Regards
venkat
Charles McCary
Valued Contributor

Venkat,

Call - HP - hopefully you have a support contract?
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

FLT 1xBF (where x=cpu number)
This error comes out to be "slave CPU halted due to catastrophic boot failure". Will need to know what is your server model to determine the accuracy of the fault message.
pap
Respected Contributor

Hi Venkat,
Just a quick tip please check the SCSI terminators on your machine's back plane as well as on the back of any external disk drives.....

-pap
"Winners don't do different things , they do things differently"
venkat_7
Frequent Advisor

Hi ,

My appreciation to all..i've got support from HP..we found bad memory chip..so i need to replace good memory..

again thanks for all

Regards
venkat