1752413 Members
5786 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CDE init connection time out

Philip Chan_1
Respected Contributor

CDE init connection time out

I'm trying to connect to a CDE enabled server via a very very slow network. No luck so far and by looking at the available debugging information timing out seem to be the problem.

Does anyone know any relevant CDE time out parameters that I should check again?

Thanks.

P.S. this problem only happen in HPUX 10.20, to the same slow network all other HPUX 11 boxes worked just fine.
3 REPLIES 3
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Check the /var/dt/Xerrors to make sure this is what you are seeing. Also look at the $HOME/.dt.errorlog and compare with the startlog $HOME/.dt/startlog.
Philip Chan_1
Respected Contributor

Rick,

I already did. I started dtlogin with the highest debug level and saw the timing out problem from the output log there. Too bad it only tells me the time out but didn't say what were the related parameter.

Regards,
Philip
Kofi ARTHIABAH
Honored Contributor

Hi:

you might want to check your /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/resolv.conf on the HPUX 10.20 server to make sure its the same as the others. It might be that it is taking a long time because it is trying to do a reverse name lookup on your connecting host's IP address.

Do you get the same slow response if you try to telnet to the box? if so then its definately related to the reverse-name lookup.
nothing wrong with me that a few lines of code cannot fix!