4983 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Centos6.5 unable to install in ml310 g8 v2

Suneth-OUSL
Visitor

Centos6.5 unable to install in ml310 g8 v2

Hi

I have hp ml310 g8 v2 with inbuilt b120i controller.

we set the raid contraller driver using "linux dd blacklist=achi", and it's ditect the driver and can create the raid mirror mode successfully. But after the installation complete, system not booting and it's stucked. please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Centos6.5 unable to install in ml310 g8 v2

What device was used for installation (/dev/sda)? Where did the boot loader get installed? Are you sure hpvsa loaded?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Suneth-OUSL
Visitor

Yes. Device was /dev/sda.boot loader was installed also dev/sda. Thing is that after first restart, centos blue progress bar loading some distance then it stuked. System not bootup.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Now with more information , it appears to be booting, but getting hung.  That is a bit different than not booting at all.

If I recall, you can hit (esc) when the color bar appears to drop back into text node, or you can edit the boot line an remove 'rhgb' Once booting on text mode, what is on the screen when it hangs?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Suneth-OUSL
Visitor

yes I tryid with the text mode. But issue is same. When syste is hang there is nothing on the screen, than colour bar. But when i hit ctrl+alt+del in the hang screen system is going to shutting down. And screen showing the services are stopping.