1748246 Members
3560 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Command line for weighted cpu.

SOLVED
Go to solution

Command line for weighted cpu.

I have jobs where telnet session would hang when logging off. I catch these with top and see that the wcpu% is at 100% and their time is long. Is there a command utility I can use, sar netstat, to get these hangup so I can kill them. These hangup are a major source of bottleneck to all my system and application processes.
hilo
2 REPLIES 2
IT_2007
Honored Contributor

Re: Command line for weighted cpu.

you can run your application with nohup command so that it won't hang when you logoff.
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Command line for weighted cpu.

There is a good chance that someone deleted the second trap line in /etc/profile. Use this command:

grep trap /etc/profile
trap "" 1 2 3
trap 1 2 3

The second line (at or near the bottom of the file) is often deleted as being redundant but it is not. The first line disables traps (the ability to stop the profile) and the last line reenables traps again. If the second line is removed, a very important trap called SIGHUP) no longer works and whenever a user improperly disconnects from a telnet session, the telnetd program for this session will not be terminated. When that happens, the telnetd session will loop because the network connection is severed but does not know to terminate.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin