New Discussion юеВ

Daylight savings time.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Narendra Uttekar
Regular Advisor

Daylight savings time.

Hi,
Daylight savings time in the US starts this Sunday, at 1:00am - the system clocks need to be reset at that time.
Please can anyone send me how to go about system time change. We have SAP application and Oracle DB server.
I am having the document for Autumn daylight savings time change for that the steps are as below,
1. Shut all systems down between 00:45 and 00:59, starting with the remote dialog instance(s) and ending with the central instance(s) and database(s).
2. Wait for the time to roll back from 01:59:59 back to 01:00.
3. Restart the systems starting with the database(s) and central instance(s) and ending with the remote dialog instance(s).

Please can anyone send me the procedure for this sunday DST change.

Thanks,
Narendra
6 REPLIES 6
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Daylight savings time.

>US starts this Sunday, at 1:00am

No, it starts at 2 am and moves to 3:
Sun Mar 08 01:59:59 PST 2009 --> Sun Mar 08 03:00:00 PDT 2009
Sun Nov 01 01:59:59 PDT 2009 --> Sun Nov 01 01:00:00 PST 2009

>Please can anyone send me how to go about system time change.

There is nothing you need to do. All of the system time is kept in UTC. And so should Oracle and SAP.
Suraj K Sankari
Honored Contributor

Hi,

There is a patch avaliable for DST just install the patch it will take care automaticly.

Patch Name : PHCO_36096

Suraj
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

there is a perl scripts referred you can see in older posts . You may take that and run on the system and it will reports the your system's DST settings.. So you can make sure that you have the right settings..
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

"Patch Name : PHCO_36096"

yeah...that's for 11.0 (and a couple of years old).

a better alternative is would be to search the patch database for whatever OS version he's got using keyword "tztab".

of course, he may not even need patches. the perl script mentioned, or careful examination of the existing tztab would indicate if he does or not.
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

The Perl script mentioned to test your DST behavior is in the attachemnt of this thread (see Clay's post):

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1170724

Regards!

...JRF...
Narendra Uttekar
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the solution.