3468 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Emulex Driver

C'est Pierre
Advisor

Emulex Driver

Hello,

I am trying to install a driver for the emulex cards in our server (HP Proliant DL-560 G1). It comes with the following FC cards:

03:01.0 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation LP952 Fibre Channel Adapter (rev 01)
06:02.0 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation LP952 Fibre Channel Adapter (rev 01)

We are running SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 with service pack 3 in place. When I installed the rpm with the drivers that I found on HP (hp-lpfc-7.3.4-4.linux.rpm), everything compiled and worked well, however, there're failed dependencies:

tpknt31:~ # /opt/hp/hp-lpfc/elxlpfc start
Starting Emulex DFC driver: modprobe: Can't locate module lpfcdfc
failed

Anyone been through this situation?

Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
Sung Oh
Respected Contributor

Re: Emulex Driver

Hi,

Have you checked /usr/src/kernels/${kernel release version}/modules/ directory for Emulex driver module? when you compilied your driver, you should have elxlpfc.o and other modules copied over to your current kernel version directory.

Regards,
Sung
dirk dierickx
Honored Contributor

module dependencies can be (re)build with the 'depmod' command. the result is located in the /lib/modules//modules.dep file.

you can check this file if the required module is included. but it should be if it is in the modules directory and running depmod.
C'est Pierre
Advisor

Sung Oh: There's no such dir, perhaps you mean /lib/modules/kernel-version/* ?

Dirk: I had already run depmod, the thing is: there's a missing driver, that's the dependency of the ones I tried to install! lpfcdfc.o doesn't exist and it should.

Starting Emulex DFC driver: modprobe: Can't locate module lpfcdfc
failed

That's where everything's going wrong! where do I get this missing dependency?

Thank you!
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

I'd recommend that you run up2date, or whatever the equivalent is under SuSE, to update everything on your system.
Mike Stroyan
Honored Contributor

That rpm includes the source for the lpfcdfc module. It should have been built and put in place when you ran "rpm -i". You can repeat the building of the modules by running "opt/hp/hp-lpfc/master.sh".
Sung Oh
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Sung Oh: There's no such dir, perhaps you mean /lib/modules/kernel-version/* ?

Sorry, you are right under /lib/modules/kernel-version directory.

Regards,
Sung
Sung Oh
Respected Contributor

Hi,

You can try to download Emulex driver from emulex website and compile. this should give you what you need.

http://www.emulex.com/ts/downloads/linuxfc/linux.html

Regards,
Sung