6002 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error running PSP on SLES 10 SP3 on DL380 G4

SOLVED
Go to solution
garretteis

Error running PSP on SLES 10 SP3 on DL380 G4

I'm trying to run the PSP on my DL380 G4 to quiet the fans, but I have run into a problem. The error message reads "THe HP Proliant Linux Deployment Utility requires source code for the 2.6.16.60-0.54.5-smp kernelbe available for building and installing certain drivers included in this bundle. The directory, /usr/src/linux-2.6.16.60-0.54.5, is either missing, or is empty."
I've tried find a copy of that particular version of the SLES kernel, but I don't know where to obtain it. Is it the file located in /boot that is labled linux-2.6.16.60-0.54.5-smp.gz?

Any help is appreciated
3 REPLIES 3
Elko
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi,

run

uname -r

this will give which kernl you have. Once you have such infommation, on CD/DVD delivered with your distribution you can find and install necessary kernel.

In order to install PSP you have to have kernel source for kernel you have on your sysyem. In your case it looks like you have to install kernel source for 2.6.16.60-0.54.5-smp

/home/BIH/Sarajevo
garretteis

I should've posted my work since I opened this thread... I've obtained the source code of the linux-2.6.16.60-0.54.5-smp kernel from the install cd. That is the kernel I'm currently using. I placed it in the /usr/src/ directory, yet it does not seem to detect it when I run the PSP install file. Everything seems to be where it should be... I can't seem to find anyone else who is having this exact problem, so it has to be something I'm doing incorrectly or not doing at all.

Placing the source code of the linux-2.6.16.60-0.54.5-smp kernel in the /usr/src/ directory and then running the PSP install file should do it, correct?
Elko
Frequent Advisor

Within PSP you will find script ( for PSP 8.30 it is install830.sh )

and within that script you will see that you need source code for your kernel. The error you see is printed from line 360.

Sorry I am not SuSe man, ... on debian it will be something

apt-get install linux-source-` uname -r `

so just now take a parallel with SuSe and find proper command, but I think yast could help.

Regards,
Elko

/home/BIH/Sarajevo