108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fibre Channel installation issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sandman!
Honored Contributor

As it is a J5600...the software product you need is A5158A. Check out the URL below for the correct software product for your J5600 WS.

http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=A5158A

...and see the HBA driver support matrix below:

http://docs.hp.com/en/10260/FCI-SM-td3.htm
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Back to your full circle comment.
Why did "A5158A B.11.00.10 PCI Tachyon TL/TS Fibre Channel" not install.

We need to troubleshoot why. Your swlist did not show the above product. If the above product is not installed then we will not be able to get the card to work.

Sandman!
Honored Contributor

>Tim:
Not full circle :-) as there are two s/w bundles available for the A5158A card. Just wanted to make sure that Brian downloaded the correct one as I suspect that this may be the reason why the s/w product is not getting installed.

~cheers
Brian M Welch
Frequent Advisor

Sandman,

The link that you specified points to a driver / depot bundle that started this thread. I verified the depot I have is identical to the one you link to using swlist -d @ /path/to/depot .

I have some ideas on the subject, but I'll reserve them until I am able to reboot this server. I'll make the changes tomorrow, and update this thread afterwards!

Again, thanks all for the input!
Brian M Welch
Frequent Advisor

UPDATE:

I figured the best thing to do would be to run swinstall, and mark the packages to be reinstalled. The process stops when changes to the Kernel are to be applied. We get an error -1, and an error -71, prompts us to abort.

Ok,

So, we figure, let's use swremove, and get rid of the bundle, and try it again, from the top. It gets to a point and prompts us to check other dependencies, and locks up. We have to kill the process because at this point, 99.9% of the cpu is being used by swremove.

To summarize, we can't reinstall. We can't remove. We can't manually make the changes in the Kernel to enable or modify the number of drivers.

Any input is still greatly appreciated!