108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

General Release patches

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jay Cantwell
Regular Advisor

General Release patches

This may seem a trivial and rather stupid question, but it your answer could resolve some confusion....

How do I find out what is contained in the release...

Also, does the release cover the operating system only, or if not what other areas does it cover ???

I guess what I am asking is what is in these releases and how do I find the information about the releases ????

2 REPLIES 2
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: General Release patches

The General Release bundle contains all patches for the OS and necessary OS components, eg. NFS, NIS, LVM etc.

Any extra ordered applications you may have loaded will require other patches not in the General Release bundle - eg. OpenView, Measureware, ITO, Oracle etc.

The majority of system administrators use the General Release bundle. You can get more info on the bundles at;
http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo.pl?productNumber=B3782XSW
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Devbinder Singh Marway
Valued Contributor

Re: General Release patches

Jay ,

If i understand your question correctly and my understanding , here goes ,

With HP , you get several CD's i.e
Hardware extensions ( patches for new hardware ) , Diagnostics CD ( contains software like cstm,copyutil this is bootable media ) , Recovery sheloo CD ( as suggested for DR mainly if system crashes you can shell out and try to recover)
Hp Extension s/w ( these are patches for the system , hp issue one i think every month and it will have a date i.e. feb 2000 etc.)
HP ( documentation CD) , HP install and core OS ( this is the main HP installation CD) and you have HP -UX Application CD's ( software like C complier, glance etcc), with this you need codewords that are supplied by HP indicating which sogtware can be installed and which application CD they are on).

Does thsi answer you question or is it just woffle?

laters
Seek and you shall find