9271 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to get information from many HP UX boxes

ROSS HANSON
Regular Advisor

How to get information from many HP UX boxes

Hello,

I need to obtain free disk space information from other HPUX machines and report to the boss. I was hoping to write a script to do this but I was hoping I did not need to use rexec among other type of unsecure commands.

Is there a way, a script, can login into another system, do a bdf command then transfer that information back to my linux box where I can write out the rest of the script?
Ross Hanson
6 REPLIES 6
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to get information from many HP UX boxes

Hi Ross:

Use the secure shell with public keys.

# ssh -n somehostname "bdf" > /var/tmp/somehostname.bdf

Regards!

...JRF...
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Only limited by imagination..

Use an NFS mount as a repository and have each server run something via cron and send output to NFS mount.

I run a script via cron on every server and have them email the results to my admin server. The admin server is in charge of gathering the emails and creating a report. This report I then import into an Oracle express app which displays a variety of info via html.

many many other possibilities.

HP has some tools as well, like insight manager and such but I typically find that they do not deliver what I need.
Tingli
Esteemed Contributor

If you don't mind, you can install nagios which will collect nearly everything for you.
Suraj K Sankari
Honored Contributor

Hi,
1st you need to set a nopasswd from 1 server into all hp box
then take all server's name or ip into a file say srvname then at command prompt
for i in `cat srvname`
do
echo "Server : "$i >>bdf.out
ssh $i bdf >>bdf.out
done

Suraj
Sivakumar MJ._1
Respected Contributor

ROSS HANSON
Regular Advisor

Thanks much for the info. I have tried various idea you all have provided and many seemed to work
Thank you all
Ross Hanson