Operating System - HP-UX
1748266 Members
3326 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

How to set kernel parameters for HP-UX 11.31 with 16 CPU and 128GB Physical Memory?

JanShu150
Frequent Advisor

How to set kernel parameters for HP-UX 11.31 with 16 CPU and 128GB Physical Memory?

Hi All,

I am used to set kernel parameters for hp-xx 11i servers with lower CPU (4-8 cores) and memory (16-64GB) size. Can you please kindly help and let me know how to set kernel parameters for HP-UX 11.31 with 16 CPU and 128GB Physical Memory? This server will be running oracle 11g data warehouse application. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jan

2 REPLIES 2
Sachin Rajput
Advisor

Re: How to set kernel parameters for HP-UX 11.31 with 16 CPU and 128GB Physical Memory?

If you are looking for the method how to set kenel parameters in 11.31 then this does not make any diffirence for whatever the number of CPU or memory you have
kctune will work for you .

but if you are looking for the values which you should set for the specific kernel parameters for Oracle 11G on your HPUX server running 11.31 ?

if yes then in my openion this is not right forum that is something Oracle has to provide .

Sachin Rajput
================
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

Re: How to set kernel parameters for HP-UX 11.31 with 16 CPU and 128GB Physical Memory?

If you're wanting to configure an HP-UX system to run Oracle, one of the best places to start is the tuneserver command.  The syntax "tuneserver -o" will apply a kctune profile specifically for Oracle workloads based on the size of the system (i.e. physical memory, etc.).  Check out the man page for tuneserver if you want more details.

Dave

I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo