1748021 Members
4944 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Installation of HPUX on

Waqar Razi
Regular Advisor

Installation of HPUX on

I am cold installing hpux 11.23 on L2000 server. I need some help in this regard. I have never done cold install before, usually we use ignite backup to install servers. Can some one give me some guidance in this regard.

I have the following questions in this regard.

1- What products I need to select to install.

2- We have 11.23 installed on some Itanium servers, can I take a list of products and bundles installed on them using swlist and select the same stuff while installing 11.23 on L2000 server.

4 REPLIES 4
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Installation of HPUX on

Hi:

You should read:

http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-1978/index.html

Appendix-C addresses question of what products are installed by default.

Regards!

...JRF...
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

I might ask...are you cold installing an existing system? Or are you cold installing a new box?

On a new box, generally the O/S disk will automatically install what it needs. So even if there is additional software required, you can always install that after the O/S is up and running on the network.

But if your cold-installing on an existing box - now that is a whole different set of things to do...

Rgrds,
Rita
Waqar Razi
Regular Advisor

I am installing on an existing system with a new hard disk on it. THis system was hosting hpux 11.00 on another hard disk which I am not using, I am using another hard disk on the exisitng system with soma data on it.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

A cold install from DVD uses the Ignite installer. It will look the same as when you do an Ignite install.

Review each tab, fill in the needed network and password information, adjust the filesystem sizes and pick the softare you require.

Products like Mozilla, Apache, etc. can be deselected. Others are a little more difficult due to dependancies. Use your "other" systems "swlist -l bundle " output as a guide to which software to install and away you go.