1753783 Members
7149 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Large files >2GB would not copy to VA74XX

kschnippengerd

Large files >2GB would not copy to VA74XX

Hello,

I have the following Problem. we would copy some files from a HP 5410 HPUX 11.00 machine to the VA74xx, but these files are bigger than 2GB this does not work. We have one LUN the VA. maybe someone could help.

Klaus

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to HP-UX > sysadmin. -HP Forum Moderator

Computers are like airconditioners, when you open Windows they 'll stop working!
6 REPLIES 6
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Re: Large files >2GB would not copy to VA74XX

What's your filesystem type?

HFS has a limit of 2GB/file. You should use JFS.

By the way, you should not create LUNs on a VA greater than 2GB. It makes the unit less efficient.

Good luck,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Klaus,
output of 'armdsp -a' command will be very useful. Attach it to your next reply
Eugeny
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

OOPS!

I meant to say, keep the LUNS under 2TB, not 2GB!!! I hate when I make typos like that!

Vince
Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

Klaus: you said you are 'copying' files... it may not be an array issue at all, if you are using tar or cpio, which won't do files larger than 2GB.

I don't know if this is at all related, but, if it is, use pax or gtar or (if trust exists) rcp to get past the 2GB limit on the old warhorse utilities.

Regards, --bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Good catch, Brian - I dodn't think of that!

Klaus,

Older versions of gzip also have a limit. On your filesystem you also have to have largfiles turned on. I think you use the fsadm command to check it out.