1753481 Members
4464 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Need some help setting up modem

Smucker
Regular Advisor

Need some help setting up modem

I have an 8 -port A6748-60001 card that I installed in a machine. I downloaded and installed the termio driver. I now can the the tty devices as well as the pc_mux.

I have a j3830-60010 cable off of the card pig-tail. What cable should I use to plug into a multitech modem. I have one that "async" but no part number... is this correct.

Also what dip switches are your modems set to?
I hooked everthing up at the modeme respondes to AT commands via Kermit but cannot dial-out....
1 REPLY 1
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: Need some help setting up modem

If you can issue AT commands and get a response, then you should be able to manually dial out with ATDT<###phone###>. If this works, the modem is configured correctly on the HP-UX system. NOTE: there are literally dozens of Multitech modems with just as many DIP switch options so there is no answer to your question about the settings. You need the modem manual and go through each setting. I would disable auto-answer if you are always using this modem to dial out.

Now getting Kermit to dialout and make a connection, you may need to edit the Devices and Dialers file in /etc/uucp.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin