5628 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Printers disabling automatically

Shibin_2
Honored Contributor

Hi Friends,

Finally, I have rectified the problem and solved the issue.

Problem.

Printers creating in print server which runs on the OS version HP-UX 11iv1 and the problem that printers disabled in the server runs on HP-UX 11iv2. The problematic printers are only remote printers, not network.

Cause.

I have noticed, all the remote printers in HP-UX 11iv2 uses the rlp script version of HP-UX 11iv1, which is lower version with respect to the platform.

Resolution.

Recreated those problematic remote printers locally on the server that runs on OS version HP-UX 11iv2 and ensure that printer scripts uses the latest version that matches to the OS version. Also monitor the replication, whether it makes any changes on the script version, while replicates. Found, the script version is not at all changing on the replication and the printers are working perfect.

Hope, this will be very good information for those who has such kind of issue.
Regards
Shibin
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

any idea how did u get the lower version of rlp with 11.23? Did u face the same problem with all 11.23 servers?

I do have a higher version of rlp on 11.23 by default
-r-sr-xr-- 1 root lp 73728 Jun 30 2007 /usr/sbin/rlp
Shibin_2
Honored Contributor

That couldn't identify, how the lower version came there. That was my concern in earlier questions too. Also, when I checked with Solution Center team, they too said, high possibility of copying the print server version itself. But how, that no idea.
Regards
Shibin
Shibin_2
Honored Contributor

Solution described above.
Regards
Shibin