1748121 Members
3261 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Root disk mirror

kampatel
Occasional Advisor

Root disk mirror

On one of our newly build server. I restored an earlier image of the server1 to be brought and build on the newly rented server. On the original setup the root mirror was between disk19 and disk20 After the image was restored, I could observe the below output: ioscan -m dsf |more Persistent DSF Legacy DSF(s) ======================================== /dev/rdisk/disk13 /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0 /dev/rdisk/disk19 /dev/rdsk/c0t6d0 - 2/0/0/2/0.6.0 /dev/rdisk/disk19_p1 /dev/rdsk/c0t6d0s1 /dev/rdisk/disk19_p2 /dev/rdsk/c0t6d0s2 /dev/rdisk/disk19_p3 /dev/rdsk/c0t6d0s3 /dev/rdisk/disk20 /dev/rdsk/c2t6d0 - 2/0/0/3/0.6.0 # lvlnboot -v Boot Definitions for Volume Group /dev/vg00: Physical Volumes belonging in Root Volume Group: /dev/disk/disk19_p2 -- Boot Disk /dev/disk/disk20 Boot: lvol1 on: /dev/disk/disk19_p2 Root: lvol3 on: /dev/disk/disk19_p2 Swap: lvol2 on: /dev/disk/disk19_p2 Dump: lvol2 on: /dev/disk/disk19_p2, 0 How do I proceed with the mirror on the /dev/disk/20 .. Should I start from Scratch? Thanking you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Root disk mirror

Try to post again with better formatted text, please.

However, if you install an ignite image to another system you need to mirror again from scratch.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Your post is hard to read.  It would be helpful if you used Post Options > Edit Reply to add some newlines.

sapoguheman
Frequent Advisor

You need to mirror it manually .

Refer : http://www.filibeto.org/unix/hp-ux/lib/os/ignite/ignite-mirror-5991-5845.pdf 

The make_net_recovery command will create a network recovery archive for a system with mirrored disks, but it will not preserve the mirror configurations. After recovering from the network recovery archive, disk mirrors are lost and must be reconfigured using LVM commands. 

Ignite-UX is not aware of mirrored disks means:  When describing how your system's disks will be configured using the Ignite-UX user interface, it is not possible to specify any disk mirroring information. тАв

There are no Ignite-UX configuration file keywords that allow you to specify any disk mirroring.

It is, of course, possible to use Ignite-UX to cold install your system. You can then set up (manually ) your systemтАЩs mirrored disks with the LVM commands, or by using SAM (for all volume groups except the root volume group).