1753865 Members
7329 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SAM/IGNITE

keith demingware
Occasional Advisor

SAM/IGNITE

I have a L2000 unix box running 11i and i just got done running ignite for vg00. I then booted up my backup L2000 server using this ignite tape and tried to run the SAM utility and it just sits there not doing anything. Is there something i am missing after i run the ignite tape to get sam to run.

Thanks for your help.
just when you thought you had the answer
6 REPLIES 6
IT_2007
Honored Contributor

Re: SAM/IGNITE

Are you trying to take ignite backup for 11i server? Please explain your problem in detail.
Did you restore the system from ignite tape? If not, then you haven't restored system yet, sam won't work from Ignite tape. You need to restore your system completly and then use sam.
bobstar
Frequent Advisor

you need to boot the system from the ignite tape
keith demingware
Occasional Advisor

I booted from the ignite tape that was created on the production box. The backup box booted up to root. I then typed in sam while logged in as root it just sat there.
So in other words my problem is is that sam does not come up on the screen the same way it does on the production box.
just when you thought you had the answer
Yang Qin_1
Honored Contributor

Hi, Keith,

You rebuild backup server with that Ignite server or you just simple use the tape to boot that server?

As SAM will scan all devices check network connections ... if you didn't configure them or you didn't configure them properly, you may have problem with SAM.

Regards,
Yang
IT_2007
Honored Contributor

run who -r and see what level are you now?

Did you check samd is running?

# ps -ef |grep sam
root 1822 1 0 Aug 13 ? 0:39 /usr/sam/lbin/samd
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Did you just install the Ignite image or did you interact with the install menu so you could change the networking. You may have a duplicate IP address on the network now (which is bad for both machines).

Bill Hassell, sysadmin