New Discussion юеВ

SNMP on 11.23 on Integrity

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Hendrick_2
Occasional Advisor

SNMP on 11.23 on Integrity

Hello,

I am using an SNMP monitoring tool and when I point it at my HPUX 11.23 boxes, it can only pull info on lan0 and the local software loopback interfaces. I would like to get disk / cpu / ram but cant seem to figure it out. In these forums, I have seen reference to Net-SNMP but cant find it to download it or instructions on how to get it up and running. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
5 REPLIES 5
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SNMP on 11.23 on Integrity

Chris Hendrick_2
Occasional Advisor

I thought that HP had taken the open source and packaged it somehow - I dont know if they made modifications or if the sourceforge version is OK?
Arunvijai_4
Honored Contributor

Hi Chris,

Internet express package contains Net-SNMP depot built with many features enabled. You can check that out : http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPUXIEXP1123

-Arun
"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for"
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

Chris,

I would also recommend you to take a look at nagios, it's known to work well on the hp-ux machines, and it got a decent amount of pluggins, for more info take a look at:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/HP-UX.81.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1%5Bp_view%5D=40

Also with nagios, you can monitor everything else in your network.

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.
Chris Hendrick_2
Occasional Advisor

I may have misstated the question... Im looking to monitor the HPUX with an SNMP monitoring tool, not looking to use the HPUX box as a monitoring station...

The issue Im having is that the HPUX box, configured by default, doesn't seem to publish information on many devices. I only get stats on lan0 and the loopback. Nothing on disk / cpu / mem.

I think net-snmp can do what I need but perhaps I have confused everyone?