8173 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Setup EPSON LQ-680 printer on Hp11i

Leon Shen
Frequent Advisor

Setup EPSON LQ-680 printer on Hp11i

Hi experts,

Currently my epson LQ-680 Pro printer was config as network to HP server D350 which running Hpux 10.20. Now We just bought a rp2470 and install HP-ux 11i. How do I setup the epson printer on Hp-ux 11i ? Via sam or jetdirect s/w ? Is any /etc/spool file need copied from older server to the new server ? please give me advice.

regards
Leon
1 REPLY 1
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Re: Setup EPSON LQ-680 printer on Hp11i

Hi Leon,

If it was configured as a network printer, check and see if it was configured using jetadmin. Jetadmin is obsolete, so you'll have to use jet-direct. Download jet-direct from this site if required,

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_query=jet+direct+printer+installer&h_tool=software&h_lang=en

It is possible you may have been using this printer on the old server using some other third-party software and driver. Check on that.

If you were using jetadmin/jet-direct find out how it was configured over there and do the same configuration on the new server. Since this is only one printer, there is no point in bringing over any files for this printer from the old server to the new one. also i think the jetadmin files are not compatible with jet-direct. I may be wrong about that.

Hope this helps.

Regds