5088 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Surestore disc down

MarkSyder
Honored Contributor

Surestore disc down

Hi everybody.

VG vg01 is down on one of my systems. I'm currently shutting the system down so I can reseat the disc.

Has anyone got any suggestions if this doesn't work? Anything that means I don't have to place a hardware call will be appreciated.

Mark Syder (like the drink but spelt different)
The triumph of evil requires only that good men do nothing
5 REPLIES 5
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: Surestore disc down

Mark,

"Surestore" encompasses a lot of different disk models. What exactly are we dealing with here? FC60? Hot swappable, I presume?

Pete

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Mark,

Sorry, it's a stream of consciousness thing. ;^) As soon as I hit submit, I had another thought:

Whether the VG activates or not, the first question is "can ioscan see the physical disks" or is there some other error that is keeping the vg from activating? Anything in syslog?

Pete

Pete
MarkSyder
Honored Contributor

Hi Pete.

No, ioscan doesn't pick up the disc. I've spoken to HP and they're convinced it's a faulty disc - they're on their way with a replacement and I've got backup tapes at the ready.

The surestore device is an SC10.

Mark
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Mark,

Yes, if ioscan doesn't see it and re-seating it didn't help, it sounds like a faulty disk to me. Good luck - hope all goes well with HP and restores!!

Pete

Pete
MarkSyder
Honored Contributor

Pete,

At risk of being controversial I've given 10 points spread across the three answers and inserted a bunny!

Restoration is taking place on the new disc as I type and I hope the users will be back on the system later this morning.

I don't want another day like yesterday!

Mark