Go to solution
Ezhilarasan
Occasional Advisor

System message -- Legato Storage Manager

Hi,

We are getting the below message oftenly in
our system. What is this mess, how to
resolve ?

Jan 17 15:16:28 spc13ras syslog: Legato Storage Manager media: (waiting) backup to pool 'Default' waiting for 1 writable backup tape(s)

Thanks
R. Ezhil
9 REPLIES 9
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

Re: System message -- Legato Storage Manager

Do you have Leagato installed on your susyem? If no, then this is caused by oracle install with with legato comes as default backup tool.

you can turn it off as /sbin/init.d/networker stop

There is no substitute to HARDWORK
Carlo Henrico_1
Regular Advisor
Solution

If you have installed Oracle, you have probably installed defaults.

Go in to runInstaller under your Oracle bin directory, choose remove packages and select Legato Storage Manager and remove it.

Good luck

Carlo
Live fast, die young - enjoy a good looking corpse!
BFA6
Respected Contributor

Hi,

We installed Oracle on a server and started getting messages like yours from Legato.

We removed the Legato software & now we have no messages.

Regards,

Hilary
David_246
Trusted Contributor

Hi R.,

Indeed this looks like Legato got installed automaticly. I would not recommend to stop Legato as you might have Legato as your backup mechanism. You probably have selected Hot-backups to make for your database, but did not specify an "nsrserver".
If you indeed only use it for client backup you can choose to either make use of hot-backups or not :) If so, you should contact your Legato backup admin, as their needs to be a license, etc.
If not I'dd suggest to remove only the Legato SERVER package. swlist -l product | grep -i networker should tell you which package should be deleted.
Good luck.

Regs David
@yourservice
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I was getting the same messages, when i looked in we found that it was from oracle. so we choose custom install during oracle install, where we can omit Legato storage manager.
never give up
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I was getting the same messages, when i looked in we found that it was from oracle. so we choose custom install during oracle install, where we can omit Legato storage manager.No need to panic about this message.
never give up
Jose Mosquera
Honored Contributor

Hi,

When you install Oracle the Legato software is installed like a default backup tool, you can shutdown the legato daemon by:
# nsr_shutdown
and answer "YES"

then message disapear until next box reboot. To remove definitively the Legato Storage tool is a hard task that recomend you contact with an Oracle Support Metalink Analyst.

Rgds.
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

two options
first one remove the legato software, second one remove the start and stop script in /sbin/rc2.d/S900networker and /sbin/rc0.d/K200networker

Robert-Jan.
Javier_68

I'm getting the same error but we do have Legato Store Manager.

Any help regarding what to change or update will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.